Wednesday 29 February 2012

Birthday in Paradise



Well, this is my last year to enjoy the youthfulness of my twenties and the celebration was one to remember. My beautiful wife, (remember the one who tricked me into loving basketball), was up to some more shenanigans, and in celebration of my birth she presented me with four gifts:
  1. An Egg Cup - I love soft boiled eggs, (she quickly commandeered it as a jewelery holder, see below)
  2. A Swim Cap - To protect my now stumpy Samurai/Lesbian pony tail
  3. A Thai Massage - No happy ending
  4. A Tattoo!
I was genuinely surprised and excited to get my second tattoo. I got my first almost eight years ago to the day. I strongly considered a Maori face tattoo, but didn't want Mike Tyson to be jealous that mine was better than his. I instead settled on a nautical theme that I had been thinking about for a couple of years. I met with a local tattoo artist and he sketched up this drawing in a couple of days.


After the drawing was complete there was nothing to do but get the tattoo. It took nearly five hours and was one of the most painful experiences I can think of. If you look closely at the picture below you can see the bruising just starting. In a month I will go back for the white highlights - the finishing touch. I love it and am very happy with the result.





2 comments:

  1. good thing you didn't go with option number 2 for the tat

    http://i.imgur.com/qNMmP.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! It is a good thing...

    ReplyDelete